What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of Cookies We Collect section below.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We will only contact you with information unrelated to your order, if you have explicitly requested to receive such information from us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by clicking unsubscribe in any email you receive from us or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Unit 14, Abercarn Industrial Estate Abercarn Newport NP11 4EY.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
- CART: The association with your shopping cart.
- CATEGORY_INFO: Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
- COMPARE: The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
- CURRENCY: Your preferred currency
- CUSTOMER: An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
- CUSTOMER_AUTH: An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
- CUSTOMER_INFO: An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
- CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS: Stores the Customer Segment ID
- EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE: A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
- FRONTEND: You session ID on the server.
- GUEST-VIEW: Allows guests to edit their orders.
- LAST_CATEGORY: The last category you visited.
- LAST_PRODUCT: The most recent product you have viewed.
- NEWMESSAGE: Indicates whether a new message has been received.
- NO_CACHE: Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
- PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART: A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
- POLL: The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
- POLLN: Information on what polls you have voted on.
- RECENTLYCOMPARED: The items that you have recently compared.
- STF: Information on products you have emailed to friends.
- STORE: The store view or language you have selected.
- VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS: The products that you have recently viewed.
- WISHLIST: An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
- WISHLIST_CNT: The number of items in your Wishlist.
- Google Analytics; __utma / __utmb / __utmc / __utmv / __utmz: These cookies are used to store information, such as what time your current visit occurred, whether you have been to the site before, and what site referred you to the web page. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information but they will use your computer's IP address to know from where in the world you are accessing the Internet. Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may transfer this information to third-parties where required to do so by law, or where such third-parties process the information on Google's behalf.
Epwin Group Plc - Website Privacy Notice
This privacy notice is between you, the user of this website and Epwin Group Plc and subsidiary companies ("Epwin"), the owner and provider of this Website. Epwin is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice, together with the website Terms and Conditions, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, that will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulations, collectively referred to in this notice as "the Act", the data controller is Epwin, registered address 1B, Stratford Court, Cranmore Boulevard, Solihull, B90 4QT.
This privacy notice (the "Our Privacy Notice") explains Epwin’s policies on privacy in relation to personal data collected from our daily operations online. This applies to the website www.epwin.co.uk and other websites owned or operated by Epwin Group Plc and its subsidiary companies. By using the website and the services on it, you consent to the collection and use of your personal data by us for the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by the data controller or third party, except where these interests are overridden by the rights of the data subject.
Epwin ("we") take the privacy of the users seriously. We are keen to obtain, retain and process information (including your personal and sensitive data) in accordance with applicable legislation, including the "the Act". We respect your right to privacy and we understand that, as a client of Epwin, you prefer to control your own personal information and preferences.
This privacy notice will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.
Data Collected and Epwin’s use of your data
To use all the features and functions available on this Website you may be asked to input data which may include personal data. The type of data asked for may include name, job title, address, phone number, IP address.
Our legal basis for using this data is "Legitimate Interests". We process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- To deliver our products and services
- To contact you regarding the information, products or services that you, the user, have requested
- Where the process enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our customers
- To better understand how people interact with our website
- To provide postal and email communication which we think may be of interest to you
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertisements
- To disclose your details to government and associated organisations as required by law
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regard and take account of these rights.
"Legitimate Interests" means the interests of our company in conducting and managing our business (to enable us to give you the best service/products and the best and most secure experience).
For example, we have an interest in making sure our marketing is relevant for you, so we process your information to send you marketing that is tailored to your interests.
For more information on your rights, please see the "Your rights" section below.
Disclosure of your information
We will share your information with selected third parties such as Google analytics that assist us in the improvement of our website. Continued use of this website, demonstrates your consent for the use of this information.
Where we store your information.
Data security is of great importance to Epwin and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected via this Website.
Links to other websites
This website may from time to time provide links to other websites. Epwin has no control over such websites and is not responsible for the content of these websites. This privacy notice does not cover the use of such websites and you are advised to read the privacy notice or statement of other websites prior to using them. Our privacy notice applies only to information collected by Epwin and through Epwin websites.
Changes of business ownership and control
As we develop our business Epwin may expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and / or transfer of part or all of Epwin. Where such a transaction occurs, or in the event that we are or substantially all of our assets are acquired, the transferred assets will generally include customer information but any such transfer shall be conditional on this information remaining subject to the restrictions on its use as set out in our privacy notice pre-existing the transfer.
International data transfers and security
Where any of your personal information is transferred by us outside of the European Economic Area the ("EEA") in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with our privacy notice and as permitted by the applicable data protection legislation. By submitting your personal data, you agree to the transfer, storing and processing of your data outside the EEA.
How long we hold your information
All of our employees are subject to obligations of confidentiality regarding information which they have access to in the course of their employment including the personal information of customers. All personal information is held in secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files. We take steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. It may be necessary for us to maintain our records for a number of years. However, when information is no longer required, we will destroy records containing personal information securely.
On visiting our website, you will be sent anonymous cookies to keep track of their browsing patterns and build up a demographic profile. In addition, if you have clicked on an Epwin advertisement on another site that links to our website you may be sent an anonymous cookie that will allow us to analyse advertising effectiveness and manage our relationship with our associated websites.
Whilst you do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to browse much of the website or to access many of our services, you must have cookies enabled if you wish to shop online or access any areas reserved for registered users.
- Simplify the logging on process for registered users
- Help ensure the security and authenticity of registered users
- Provide the mechanisms for online shopping
- Enable traffic monitoring
Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser, but this may restrict the use of some parts of the website.
We or third parties on our behalf may use web beacons in combination with cookies on the website, in our emails or in our advertisements. Web beacons help us understand how visitors interact with the website and enable us to measure the effectiveness of the website and our advertising, for example by counting the number of individuals who have visited the website via a particular advert.
A web beacon is typically an electronic image that is placed on a site, email or advert which allows a website to record the simple actions of the user opening the page that contains the beacon. Web beacons provide us with details of how the website is navigated, how many individuals visit specific pages, the time material was viewed, the types of browsers and computer operating systems used, and the internet protocol addresses from which you connect to the website. This is information that is available to any web server you visit, and web beacons do not give any extra information away. Web beacons are simply a convenient way of gathering simple statistics and managing cookies and by being able to recognise you this allows us to improve your experience of the website by enabling us to tailor and personalise your visit.
Where web beacons are used in connection with cookies then they may be rendered ineffective by either opting out of the cookies or changing the cookie settings in your browser.
You can find out more about the way web beacons work on www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO BE USED IN THE MANNER SET OUT IN THIS PRIVACY NOTICE PLEASE EXIT THE WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY AND DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE IN THE FUTURE.
You have the right to obtain a copy of any personal information which we hold about you and to notify us of any inaccuracies. You have the right to rectify, restrict, erase, transfer to another controller, withdraw consent, access data held or object to processing your data.
If you would like to obtain a copy of your personal information, please write to us. You will need to verify your identity and specify what information you require.
We will be happy to answer any enquiries from you regarding this privacy notice, the personal data we hold about you or the use we make of it. If you have any queries, comments, or if you wish to correct or update the data we hold about you, please write to us at:
Epwin Group Plc
1B Stratford Court,
(Please enclose your postal address)
If you wish to know more about your rights, please visit the Information Commissioner's Office Website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/.
Concerns or complaints
If you wish to raise your concerns or make a complaint over the way you feel your data has been used then you can register this with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) in the UK who are the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
To raise your concern with the ICO, click here https://ico.org.uk/
You may not transfer any of your rights under this privacy notice to any other person. We may transfer our rights under this privacy notice where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of this privacy notice (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this privacy notice will not be affected.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
Changes to this privacy notice
Epwin reserve the right to change this privacy notice as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the privacy notice on your first use of the Website following the alterations.